Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Commendable, My Ass.

Today, I talked to a man who seems to following in Jerry Falwell's footsteps. He's a bit gentler, but not much.


I will not give him airtime here, but I will summarize our conversation:

I told him he should focus on issues where victims were involved.

He asked me if I was a bdsmer

I told him, yes, I was

I said that adults doing whatEVER with other adults is cool, because, hey, look! There are things to focus on besides homosexuality, things that involve real victims.

He asked me for my email account or something at this point (are you seeing how this is going yet?)

I mentioned a website where male pedophiles posted, and, you know, he went for that. Asked me to email him that info. So I did.

Before that, he said that even though we disagreed about S&M, we could probably have coffee together. Disregarding the fact that I don't drink coffee, he was probably right.

We'll see what he does with that. Anyway, in his last email, he said that it was commendable, the work that I do.

How is it commendable to do what anyone should do: speak up and get involved in something you're passionate about, something that might keep a few kids from being hurt?

I say it should be the norm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are getting there, but there is still a long way to go. As time goes by, more and more people are realizing that they can do someting and make a difference. Getting even one pedophile arrested is making a huge difference, and lot's of fun!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home